Almost Famous Theatre Company (AFTC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit business focused on bringing joy to our community through the shared experience of live theater. We produce an average of five shows per year consisting of youth and adult casts. AFTC is seeking a Social Media Intern to assist with social media marketing duties for the spring season of shows.
Under the direction of the Social Media Supervisor, the Social Media Intern is responsible for researching and writing content, posting and monitoring performance, and responding to customer questions and comments on our social pages. The Social Media Intern will assist in building AFTC brand awareness across platforms.
This is a semester-long internship with the possibility of an extension. Estimated hours per week: 10 hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, edit, publish and share engaging content that builds and elevates AFTC’s brand reach, experience, and reputation.
- Create editorial calendars to drive top content performance and enhance AFTC online presence.
- Use brand standards to build consistency in recognition across online platforms.
- Respond to inquiries for AFTC . Act as the brand ambassador in managing all social media comments, direct messages, etc.
- Use social listening tools to monitor trends in the markets we serve, and appropriately apply knowledge to our social media strategies and tactics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working towards or recently graduated with a degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Digital Media or relevant fields.
- Working knowledge of major social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok.
- Knowledge of Canva for creation of graphics and posts.
- Strong experience with writing and editing content.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace products.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”